Still The Most Important Meal of the Day
B4YM has not forgotten what our mothers told us about breakfast. We believe that every student should start the day with a nutritious breakfast that will help in their ability to learn and retain new material.
The roots of B4YM are in school breakfast and we provide our schools with healthy, tasty, and compliant breakfast menus. Your students deserve a variety of breakfast options that include hot meals, and B4YM is constantly working to provide new and exciting offerings.
Breakfast Anytime, Anywhere!
We understand that there is limited time in the morning. In response to this challenge, we developed a grab and go breakfast that can be served anytime, anywhere.
- Before School
- In the Classroom
- At Nutrition
Every school is different and unique so it’s up to you to decide how you want to implement breakfast and we will help you get started!
Some Facts About School Breakfast
- STUDENTS DON’T EAT BREAKFAST: Even though more than 21 million low-income kids in the U.S. rely on a free or reduced-price school lunch, only half – about 11 million – are also getting a school breakfast.
- TEACHERS SEE HUNGER: Nearly two-thirds (62%) of K-8 public school teachers said they had children in their classrooms who regularly came to school hungry because there wasn’t enough to eat at home. [No Kid Hungry’s “Hunger In Our Schools” survey, 2012]
- BREAKFAST IS KEY TO LEARNING: Teachers said school breakfast led to increased concentration (95%), better academic performance (89%) and better behavior in the classroom (73%). [No Kid Hungry’s “Hunger In Our Schools” survey, 2012]
- BREAKFAST CHANGES LIVES: On average, students who eat school breakfast have been shown to achieve 17.5% higher scores on standardized math tests and attend 1.5 more days of school per year. [“Ending Childhood Hunger: A Social Impact Analysis,” 2013]
- YOU CAN HELP MORE KIDS GET BREAKFAST: The No Kid Hungry campaign has found that innovative ways of serving breakfast – like moving it from the cafeteria to the classroom – can give many more kids a chance to benefit from breakfast at school.